Important information regarding Coronavirus COVID-19
As a service provider of NDIS and Aged Care supports and services, we
have a duty of care to all our staff and clients.
Coronavirus COVID-19 can be contagious before symptoms start to show, so it is vital that we outline our requirements to ensure we guard against any potential spread of the virus at our workplace and/or in our clients’ homes.
In line with government guidelines and Assured Home Care’s (AHC) own infection control protocols, AHC has advised all employees if they meet any of the following criteria, they are to isolate themselves from clients and other staff of AHC:
• Have been diagnosed as having COVID-19
• Returned from overseas in the last 14 days
• Have any cold, flu, cough or other symptoms
• Have been in the presence of anyone with positively diagnosed or undiagnosed COVID-19 symptoms (including if the other person is required to self-quarantine).
Our Plans for your safety
With the increased spread of COVID-19 within Australia, AHC is taking a number of precautionary actions to mitigate and protect all clients, staff, and their communities as much as is practical.
Our plans for organisational health and safety for all persons includes;
• Honouring each service agreement and schedule of supports to the best of our ability to maintain continuity.
• Reviewing all service agreements, contracts, and plans for case by case strategies on how each client wishes us to provide ongoing services.
• Ensuring all staff, both in the community and in our office, fully engage in AHC’s policies around hygiene and universal precautions.
• Reducing, when appropriate, unnecessary contact with heavily populated areas during services, such as; shopping centres, cinemas, markets, etc.
• Limiting, when appropriate, the use of public transport during service provision, and
• Monitoring all Government communications regarding best practice or guidelines for reducing COVID-19 transmission and adjusting our policies and procedures where required.
We wish to assure you that our plans are first and foremost in place for your safety.
Maintaining service continuity
We have actioned our organisational continuity plans and can positively say that we will remain open for business and service provision both now, and in the foreseeable future.
As this health event continues, we will endeavour to maintain communications and provide information to all clients, customers and staff to maintain safety and confidence.
The developing outbreak of the COVID-19 virus is being closely monitored by the Department of Health and updated information on the virus can be found on the department’s website. For more information about coronavirus (COVID-19), call the Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080 or visit the following website
Actions we all can take
In recognition of the diverse background and travel histories of our clients and workforce, we urge you to check the Department of Health’s website regularly and implement isolation and good hand and sneeze/cough hygiene.
• Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly with soap and water, especially before and after eating, and after going to the toilet.
• Cover your cough and sneeze using a tissue or cough into your elbow (rather than into your hand), dispose of tissues, and use alcohol-based hand sanitiser if available.
• Minimise contact with other people including not shaking hands when greeting, do not embrace, and do not greet with kissing
• Be especially careful when having contact with people over 50 years of age and people with medical conditions
• And if unwell, avoid contact with others (stay more than 1.5 metres from people).
The continued health and safety of all our staff and clients is Assured Home Care’s number one priority, and we appreciate your cooperation with this.
We will continue to provide updates on AHC’s response to the COVID-19 threat and any further actions we take in minimising the risk to our staff and clients.
Please contact AHC Head Office if you have any concerns.
Julie De Jong
Chief Executive Officer
For further information and regular updates click here